Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Void Filled


Misty Connelly

I spent most of my childhood trying to get the attention of a man who barely knew I existed, my daddy. When I got to middle school it didn’t take me long to figure out how to get attention from boys. See, my dad left a hole in my heart and I felt a strong desire to have that void filled by anyone who would give me some attention. I would continue on this destructive pattern well into my adult life. It led me down a path filled with drugs and alcohol. I tried to find comfort in anything I could turn to.

I’ll never forget the day that all changed. It wasn’t just an alter call to me, it was me on my face crying out to Jesus. My life would never be the same. When God delivered and healed me it was immediate. I didn’t have to wait and I didn’t have to do anything to get His love. He gave it freely. I just had to seek Him.
As long as you feed and nurture that relationship it will be there. My journey has been full of ups and downs and my walk with the Lord hasn’t always been easy. Life still happens and it will never be perfect, but I know who to call on when I struggle.