Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Candy Gibbs - Executive Director
“Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.  He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield in whom I take refuge…”Psalm 144:1-2
“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being praise His Name.  Praise the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all his benefits – “  Psalm 103:1-2

Happy New Year!!  I am anxious to see all the Lord has in store for us in 2011.  I am excited about the plans the Lord has for my family, for your family and for CareNet.  The faithfulness and tenderness of the Father renew my hope and my strength and I pray the same for you.

I want you to know as we begin 2011, the Lord has been so faithful to the ministry of CareNet.  I know beyond doubt it is because the true desire of our hearts is to share the gospel of Christ and Him crucified and to bring glory to Him.  Last year, we served over 8,500 people and 130 people made a profession of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.  There were 133 women who came into CareNet with their hearts set on abortion, of those women, 130 chose to give life to their children.  We praise God for all He has accomplished and all that He intends to accomplish in and through CareNet.

I had the privilege of attending a conference in the fall in which Bruce Wilkinson, author of “The Prayer of Jabez”, was a speaker.  I had the high honor of participating in a small group discussion with Dr. Wilkinson.  It was an experience that I won’t forget and changed my way of thinking.  He asked us the question, “How many times in your life can you say beyond doubt, I KNOW that the Lord did that…I know He showed up in that situation?”  Everyone in the room said, probably 5-10 times in our lives could we say beyond doubt, the Lord showed up.   His response rocked my world…”I believe it is the heart of God to show Himself to you miraculously on a daily basis.”

Wow!  The God of all the universe wants to interact with me on a regular basis?  If that is true, can we even fathom what that would mean? 

Because of the miraculous work of the Lord in my own life and through CareNet in 2010, I have recently pondered a verse that we have all heard many times…

“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen!” Ephesians 3:20

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine… that is the part of the verse I have really chewed on.  If He is able to do MORE that we can ask or imagine…why is that I spend so much time asking Him for the things I want and imagining all that I think He can do?  I decided that since I cannot ask or imagine all that He can, that it was high time for me to start asking Him what HE would like to do and get on board with that!

We, in my family and at CareNet, have put that thinking into practice.  We have seen things like the divine, miraculous financial provision of the Father, favor with organizations in our community, opportunities to speak in places we have not had opportunity, friends whom we have prayed for have accepted Christ, people we love have been healed.   Praise the LORD!

My prayer for you in 2011 is that you would ask the Lord specifically to show Himself in your situation.  Ask Him what His plan is for you and your family.  When you hear from Him, you begin to speak it, to pray for it and watch as He once again becomes alive and active in you!